What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website places on your device when you visit certain websites.
In order to guarantee complete and faultless use of this website, you should set your browser to accept cookies. Cookies are no threat for your computer, tablet or smartphone. The cookies created by www.hotel-majestic.it do not contain any personal data that could be used to identify the user. All information is encrypted.
Types of Cookies
The website and connected subdomains use the following types of cookies:
These cookies are fundamental to enable you to move within the site and use its functions. Without these cookies, you might not be able to access these functions or they might not function properly.
These strictly necessary cookies are used to store a unique identifier to manage and identify each user as unique in relation to any other users who may be visiting the site at that same time. The purpose is to give the user a consistent and personalised service.
These cookies may be from Das Majestic or from one of our partners. They may be limited to one session or be permanent. Their use is limited to the performance and improvement of the website. Performance Cookies do not gather information which could identify the user. All the information gathered by these cookies is aggregated anonymously, and used only to improve the functionality of the website.
Cookies are usually triggered by an action by the user and stored on the user device. Cookies can however also be implemented, when a service is offered to a user, that he did not explicitly request. These cookies can be used to prevent repeating a service offer to a user. Furthermore, these cookies enable the website to remember the user’s choices. The information gathered by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track user behaviour on other websites.
Third-party cookies for marketing purposes
These cookies are used by partners of www.hotel-majestic.it to show you advertisements when you are on other websites, and for example showing you the products that you have recently viewed on our website. These cookies may also be used to show products which might be of interest to you or which are similar to products you have looked at before. The use of these Cookies does not involve the processing of personal data, but may allow connection to the browser installed on your computer or other devices.
Privacy laws provide users with the option of disabling cookies (opt out), which are already installed on their device. This option applies to "Technical Cookies" (art. 122 of Italian Privacy Law) and other cookies, which were previously accepted by the user (opt in). The user can disable and/or delete cookies in the browser settings (opt out).
How to disable cookies:
Steps to block the cookies of all websites:
- Open the Internet Explorer by clicking the 'Start' button and clicking on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the 'Tools' button and on 'Internet options'.
- Click on the 'Privacy' tab, under 'Settings', move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies. Click on 'OK'.
Blocking cookies might prevent some websites from displaying correctly.
Steps to block the cookies of all websites:
- Click on the 'Menu' button and choose 'Settings'.
- Go to the 'Privacy' section.
- In the 'Firefox will:' section choose 'Use custom settings for history'.
- Uncheck the box at 'Accept Cookies from sites'. Click on 'OK'.
- Choose the Chrome 'Menu' item.
- Choose 'Settings'.
- At the bottom of the page choose 'Show advanced settings'.
- In the 'Privacy' section click the 'Content settings' button.
- Choose 'Block sites from saving any data'.
- Choose 'Done'.
The user may disable and/or delete individual non-technical third-party cookies as explained on the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA): www.youronlinechoices.eu.
List of all cookies
What kind of cookies are used on this website, who is the third-party owner, what’s the category, what are the cookies used for and how long do they stay active?
- __utma*, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie provides information on when you first visited the website, on the number of visits and on the last visit.
- __utmb*, Google, performance, stay active: until the end of the session. This cookie contains a timestamp of when the user visited the website. In connection with __utmc, this cookie can provide information on how long the user was on the website.
- __utmc*, Google, performance, stay active: 30 minutes. This cookie contains a timestamp of when the user left the website. In connection with __utmb, this cookie can provide information on how long the user was on the website.
- __utmk*, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie contains a hash value of all the here mentioned UTM Cookies.
- __utmv*, Google, performance, stay active: unlimited. This cookie is dedicated to individual contents. Being an empty cookie, it serves to store visitor-level custom-variable data.
- __utmx*, Google, performance, stay active: 2 years. This cookie contains values of the Google Website Optimizer.
- __utmz*, Google, performance, stay active: 6 months. This cookie contains information on the visitor traffic source that explains how the user reached the site. It may store information on search engines and the entered search terms, or where the IP address of the visitor is located.
- __utmt*, Google, performance, stay active: 10 minutes. shows the type of request made. (It could be an event, transaction, itemoro custom variable. If there is no specification given it is a pageview.)
- _ga, Google, performance, stay active: 2 years. Used to identify users
- _gat, Google, performance, stay active: 10 min. Used to create tracker objects
- ASPSESSIONID*, Zeppelin, technical, stay active: session. System cookie, used to keep the user session up
- ztdst, Zeppelin, Marketing, stay active: session. it contains a unique hash value per visitor and it is used to store Google’s _utm cookies. Furthermore, also the IP address, the browser language and the access page to the website are stored
- PageConfig.HttpFirstReferrerLink, Zeppelin, technical, stay active: 1000 days. Origin URL is attached to e-mails
- sImageMode, Zeppelin, technical, stay active: 360 days. Used to determine if the user accesses the website from a desktop, tablet or mobile device
Third parties are autonomous owners of the cookies, therefore their policies concerning cookies will be applied. Find the complete list of all third parties below.
FACEBOOK more information on www.facebook.com/policy.php
AUDIENCE more information on www.audiens.com/privacy
GOOGLE more information on www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
ADFORM more information on site.adform.com/privacy-policy/en