Useful advice for our walking enthusiasts
Plan your excursion:
- Find out about the distance, the differences in height, the difficulty and the time necessary for your trip.
- Consider your own physical condition when planning your excursion.
- Find out about the weather conditions/forecasts.
- Check the presence of refreshment points/huts along the route.
- Never undertake long and difficult excursions by yourself.
- Let our reception know the itinerary of your trip “just in case”.
- Choose walking boots suitable for the trip you have chosen.
- Wear/take away clothing suitable for the season/weather (remember protection against rain)
- First aid kit
- Spare tee-shirt/underwear
- Compass, maybe even an altimeter
- Cell-phone with emergency numbers (in South Tyrol: 118)
- Pocket knife
- Sufficient food
- Don’t forget sunscreen: the strength of the sun is considerably increased at higher altitudes.
Behaviour during the trip:
- Follow the marked paths; always close gates and accesses to pastures.
- Plan regular stops; drink plenty – even if you don’t feel thirsty!
- In case of bad weather: turn back in time or look for shelter in a small hut or refuge (never under trees!)
- If you feel unwell or have other difficulties: don’t take risks, don’t insist, turn back in time!
- Respect nature and the environment: when you walk make this your motto “Don’t take home anything but your impressions, don’t leave behind anything but your footsteps!”
- Respect the rules for behaviour in nature parks!
- Take care when lighting fires – in the event of prolonged drought, absolutely avoid making fires!
- Animals at pasture: your dog must be on a lead. Keep at a distance of at least 20 – 50 m from herds of animals.